The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Ukoliko imate iskustva u radu u finansijama, poznat vam je projektni način finansiranja i želite da doprinesete našoj misiji zaštite planete i očuvanja biološke raznovrsnosti, prijavite se do 8. februara slanjem CV-ija i motivacionog pisma na engleskom jeziku
Reports to: Country Operations Manager
Starting/ending: February 2022 – January 2024 (fulltime position,with possibility for extension)
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with approximately more than 60 employees. It operates through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to protection of different ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas within the Protected Areas & Governance Programme.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
Under the supervision of the Country Operations Manager, or the person delegated to this task, supports the fulfilment and execution of the administrative duties related to the WWF Adria-Serbia operations with considerable independence, using initiative and judgment, having a knowledge of WWF Network standards and policies, as well as relevant basic knowledge of local legislation (taxes, financial reporting, human resources management) in Serbia.
Standards, policies and legal requirements
- Supports ensuring the compliance of WWF Adria operations with WWF Network Standards and Policies and local legal requirements (taxes, financial reporting, human resources management) in Serbia. Acts as a control point to ensure compliance as defined by relevant WWF Adria internal policy processes.
- Provides on-boarding in relation to relevant financial and administrative procedures (WWF Field Operation Manual) and local legal requirements for new project teams, as well as for new staff members joining on-going projects.
Contracts administration and payment procedures
- Ensures that request of funds to Project donors is done according to funding agreements’ conditions and on a timely basis.
- Is responsible for the administrative management of contracts inherent with the implementation of WWF Adria-Serbia office operations and conservation projects (e.g. rental and other service contracts, purchase orders for goods and equipment, and similar) ensuring fulfilment of legal and tax duties and timely payment according to the contractual conditions in liaison with the relevant Project Managers/Coordinators and the Country Operations Manager.
- Prepares and administers contracts with WWF Adria Project Partners or external consultants and companies for the implementation of the WWF Adria operations and projects. Ensures that contractees are paid on timely basis and in compliance with the local legislation and contractual requirements. Informs Project Managers / Officers when payments have been processed.
- Monitors the respect of Projects partners’ contractual terms and duties with particular focus on Project reporting, providing guidance and ensuring timely receipt. Reviews Project partners, grantees or executants’ financial reports, ensuring that expenditure in the field is according to approved contractual budgets.
- Checks the requests for payments based on approved Project budgets and financial reports when applicable. Ensures that these are corrected, if needed.
- Prepares and submits for approval, according to WWF Adria-Serbia payment procedures, bank transfer orders for the Projects expenditures.
Project Budgeting, Administration and Financial Reporting
- Assists on the project proposal development with particular regards to the development of budgets, cash flows and cost analysis. This includes understanding and implementing donor requirements in relation to eligibility of costs, and co-funding options.
- Assists on preparing WWF Adria annual budgets and cost analysis for the WWF Adria organizational structure in Belgrade and for the WWF operations and projects in the Adria region.
- Keeps track, monitors and maintains WWF Adria administrative documents (contracts, invoices, staff travel claims, staff timesheets)
- Monitors projects expenditure versus budgets and prepares financial reports as required by contracts other WWF Offices or donor institutions; ensures that financial reports are addressed on timely basis and in compliance with donor’s requirements
- Assists in internal or external auditing procedures required by local legislation or other WWF Offices or external donors if needed.
- Maintains and distributes Project documentation including Project reports.
- Assists the Project Managers in coordination of logistics for Projects’ meetings and workshops and other events in the framework of the WWF Adria operations and projects. Liaises with the external participants to workshops and meetings and assists in the preparation and distribution of relevant documents.
Administration of Project specific activities
- Assists the Project Manager in coordination of logistics for Projects’ activities in the framework of the WWF Adria operations and projects. Liaises with the external participants and partners (mainly but not exclusively CSO’s/NGO’s) and assists in the preparation, distribution and handling of relevant documents.
- Maintains CSO’s/NGO’s sub-granting activities (support, on-hand support, supported in framing and development of the proposals, selection process, training).
- Support in capacity building and CSO’s/NGO’s development.
- Leads procurement processes according internal procedures.
- Close and every day cooperation and support of CSO’s/NGO’s.
- Ensure proper financial and contractual management of sub grants.
- Be responsible for compliance with local tax and VAT exemption.
General support to the Country Operations Manager and WWF Adria F&A Manager.
- Assists on the day to day implementation of the financial and administrative duties and undertakes other administrative assignments as necessary according to the organisational needs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A University degree in Economy, Finance, Controlling or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in similar capacity;
- Previous administration and finance reporting of EU project is advantage
- Proven experience in budgeting and controlling donor funded projects
- Experience with donor procedures and rules applicable to funding received from large institutional donors, in particular with European Union external actions
- Advanced user of the MS Office applications (with particular regards to word-processing, budget and spreadsheet preparation)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in mother tongue and English
- Skilled in financial planning, budgeting, contracting and bank transactions
- Result oriented person with attention to detail and accuracy;
- A confident and positive attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Maintains High personal integrity and confidentiality;
- Strong motivation and pro-activeness;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining work relationships in the face of conflicting demands;
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest by February 8th 2022 by sending an e-mail with motivation letter and CV in English with list of two references to email@example.com and titled „Finance Project Administrator Serbia“. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates interview will be held virtually.